As a reminder to all who are anticipating the 3.0 update for Star Wars: The Old Republic be ready that as this is a game altering patch and major content update, that the game might be offline for longer than expected. Furthermore, as system changes will be present, it should come as no surprise that there might be bugs or unexpected glitches. There will also be some major changes to so be prepared for that. As always here is a small list of things you should be prepared for;
- The talent tree system is being removed completely. In its place is the discipline system. If you are level 55 you should have 6 points to spend on disciplines with your 7th coming at level 60. Take your time and look over the disciplines. The first tier you need to spend 3 points, but only 2 in the second and 2 in the third. You, of course, can opt to spend 3 in the first and 4 in the second or all 7 points in the first, the choice is your's.
- The level cap is going to be expanding. You might see some rest XP waiting for you. Also, don't forget any of those XP boosters you might have picked up on your planetary adventures if you want to get to 60 faster.
- Damage has been lowered at level 55. This is intentional, as the damage output of players was higher than desired. So, BioWare has decided to nip over inflation of stats early instead of going the Blizzard route of doing it several expansions later.
- Some class abilities might be getting removed for your class as they unify them to specific roles. For instance, healing abilities will only be available to those that pick a healing spec. Some roles will get replacement powers that will replace other powers entirely.
- Smuggler and Operative healing has been toned down greatly, due in part that not only them being the most popular healing class, but because they had healing greatly above the other two healing classes.
- This expansion adds two new planets, new class stories, operations and flashpoints.
- And above all else, take your time and relax. Racing to the end isn't going to get you into a flashpoint or operation faster if no one else is there yet.
Anyways, just my basic points. if you happen to run into a bug please report it using the /bug slash command and filling in as much detail as you can and steps to repeat the bug as appropriate.